Homestead Organics is immersed in organic agriculture, which we know is management and knowledge intensive. Our team consists of competent managers, agricultural specialists, a millwright, customer service staff, and production staff.
Wanted - a plant manager in Sebringville.
The company is now hiring a plant manager at its Sebringville feed mill. The person performs local market development, customer service, staffing and staff management, purchasing and crop contracts, scheduling, and logistics. The manager supervises the plant operations with the support of a production supervisor. The plant manager will hire additional to delegate tasks in time as the volume of business grows.
Contact Jeremy to inquire and apply.
Typical educational requirements
To excel in this sector and to better support our customers, we place significant importance on education and training.
- Tom Manley, the owner, has a bachelor's degree in computing science, which makes him a proficient computer user and the manager of our in-house data systems.
- Isabelle Masson, our Customer Service Manager has a bachelor's degree in sociology and master's degree in demography from l'Université de Montréal.
- Richard Courville, our nutritionist, has a bachelor's degree from the University of Guelph in animal nutrition.
- Valérie Yoder, agronomist, has a master's degree in plant science.
- Jean-Guy Vaillancourt, customer service representative, has a diploma in agriculture technology at Alfred Campus of the University of Guelph.
- Jeremy Bojarski, our HR & Finance Manager, has a bachelor's degree in business adminsitration from Laurentian University.
- Carmelle Duperron, our grain trader, has a bachelor of Arts degree with a major in sociology.
As the business grows in the future, we predict that we will need help in equipment operations, warehousing, sales and service in the livestock sector, sales and service in the soil & crop sector, marketing-communications, bookkeeping, and customer service. If you have abilities in these areas, we welcome a copy of your resume to keep it on file in case an opportunity comes along.
Work in Organic Agriculture and Processing.
Find work opportunities in organic food at this job site: http://foodwork.ca/